![]() |
| First project of the semester in digital image making. Cut out the thylacine animal and put them in the San Francisco environment. |
![]() |
Second project. We had to take a picture of ourselves, cut it down the middle and reflect it, making a "new" face because half of our face is not the same as the other. Then we had to make wanted posters to put our new faces in. I made a "good" and "bad" wanted poster.
Fourth project. Our version of heaven and hell with one of our classmates in the project.
David, my professor, paid me one of the biggest compliments I have gotten on my hell piece (on right). He said he wanted to pay me for the image so he could paint it. He loved the composition and effect I placed on the images to distort them. I was truly flattered! You?...my professor...pay me?...a college student? WHAT?
Me, being me, didn't want his money! Shoot for that compliment he could have it for free. But we decided to paint it together. When this will happen who knows, but it will! Can't pass up an opportunity like that!
Last project. To take either the heaven or hell, make metallic shapes, and add an art history painting to it. I chose Salvador Dali's painting of hands.
David suggested I enter this into a contest. I get such great feed back and compliments from him on my work!
Fifth project.
First make a black and white "observer" in an environment. I made a lady bug and butterfly. Then we had to make four different environments in color for the creature to live in.
David Mesple was my professor for this class. David is a true inspiration. He has changed not only how I view, or produce art, but the way I think and feel about the world and everything in it. He is an amazing artist and professor. Every time David would talk about something he stretched my imagination and thoughts...blowing my mind.











No comments:
Post a Comment